May 21, 2018
Regular Meeting Meeting Agenda
GENOA CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
May 21, 2018
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance:
Call to the Public (Public comment will be limited to two minutes per person)*:
Approval of Consent Agenda:
1. Payment of Bills.
2. Request to Approve Minutes: May 7, 2018
3. Request for approval of a permit for the display of fireworks at the Oak Pointe Country Club on July 4, 2018 as submitted by Ace Pyro, LLC, Michael Freeland.
4. Request for approval of a proposal from K&J Electric Supply for the purchase of replacement lighting fixtures at a cost not to exceed $1,981.
5. Request for approval to accept the resignation of John McManus from the Planning Commission.
6. Request to appoint Jeff Dhaenens to a term on the Planning Commission expiring June 30, 2019.
7. Request to appoint Greg Rassel to term on the Zoning Board of Appeals beginning on July 1, 2018 and expiring June 30, 2019.
Approval of Regular Agenda:
8. Request to set the 2018 Genoa Township Millage Rate at .8009 in order to calculate the 2018 Winter Tax Rate at the direction of the Township Assessor. (Roll Call vote required.)
9. Request for approval of a resolution for the March Board of Review to accept written appeals at the request of the Township Assessor. (Roll Call vote required.)
10. Introduction of a proposed rezoning and authorization of statutory notice for a public hearing on June 4, 2018 concerning 198 acres of land located on the north side of McClements Road, both east and west of Kellogg Road on parcels 4711-02-400-004, 11-01-300-005, and 11-01-300-006. The application is petitioned by The Livingston County Planning Department and the requested rezoning is from Agricultural (AG) to Public Recreation Facility (PRF).
11. Consideration of a recommendation for approval of an amendment to a previously approved Planned Unit Development and a material change from previously approved site plan for the Athletic fields located at 3575 Cleary Drive, Howell (11-05-400-070). The request is petitioned by Cleary University.
A. Disposition of PUD Amendment.
B. Disposition of Site Plan amendment.
12. Request to approve articles for the Township newsletter to be included in the mailing of the Summer 2018 tax bills.
*Citizen’s Comments- In addition to providing the public with an opportunity to address the Township Board at the beginning of the meeting, opportunity to comment on individual agenda items may be offered by the Chairman as they are presented.