January 2, 2018
Regular Meeting Meeting Agenda
GENOA CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
January 2, 2018
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance:
Call to the Public (Public comment will be limited to two minutes per person)*:
Approval of Consent Agenda:
1. Payment of Bills.
2. Request to Approve Minutes: Dec. 4, 2017
3. Request for approval to enter into agreements to collection 2018 summer property taxes with Brighton Area Schools, Hartland Consolidated Schools, Howell Public Schools, and the Livingston Educational Service Agency as submitted by the Township Treasurer.
4. Consider approval of the appointment for Marianne McCreary to the Planning Commission to fulfill the remaining term ending June 30, 2018 for Barbra Figurski.
Approval of Regular Agenda:
5. Consider denial of Resolution #5 confirming the Special Assessment Roll for the Round Lake Aquatic Weed Control Project at the request of the property owners.
6. Consider approval of resolution honoring Barbra Figurski for her 48 years for service to the citizens of Genoa Township as a Planning Commissioner and Zoning Board of Appeals member.
7. Request to permanently move Precinct 7 from Hornung Elementary School to Chilson Hills Baptist Church for election scheduled beginning in the calendar year 2018 as requested by Skolarus.
8. Request to introduce and conduct the first reading of the proposed Zoning Ordinance Amendment Z-18-01 and to set February 5, 2018 as the date for second reading and consideration of adoption. The proposed Zoning Text Amendment involves changes with regard to pet daycare and veterinary clinics in commercial districts.
9. Request for first review of FY 2018/2019 Budgets #101, #212, #261, #270 and #271.
*Citizen’s Comments- In addition to providing the public with an opportunity to address the Township Board at the beginning of the meeting, opportunity to comment on individual agenda items may be offered by the Chairman as they are presented.